Masters of Computer Applications (MCA Integrated)
Master of Computer Application (Integrated) programme is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU). It is a five year full time degree programme comprising of ten semesters including lectures, tutorials, practical labs, seminars and projects etc., in addition to industrial training. Following are the two types of courses under this programme –
- Core Courses– This is the course which is to be compulsorily studied by a student as a core requirement to complete the requirements of a programme in a said discipline of study.
- Elective Courses– This is course, which can be chosen from the pool of papers. It may be supportive to the discipline/ domain providing extended scope/enabling an exposure to some other discipline / domain / nurturing student proficiency skills.
Semesters Course Coverage
- Semester 1 and 2– Foundation course for Computer Applications and Programming Techniques, Mathematical Foundations.
- Semester III and IV– Numerical & Statistical Techniques and Course on Computer Organizations and Entrepreneurial Skills.
- Semester V and VI– Core Courses including Design & Development of Applications, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Operating Systems, Humanities.
- Semester VII and VIII– Applications of Information Systems, Web Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Elective Courses, Mini Project work.
- Semester IX and X– Mandatory courses of Computer Applications and Open Electives Courses, Project work and Industrial project.
Admission Eligibility criteria
Admission to MCA (Integrated) is as per the rules prescribed by the Academic Council of the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) Lucknow. Admission to MCA (Integrated) first year is through an entrance examination and is as per AKTU and state government guidelines.